FEAR II

"Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven..."
I ponder these words lately. They are more intriguing and wonderful each time I read them. It tells me something very different than what I've thought (or not thought).  It brings me closer to God as I'm reminded how unlike me (fancy that) or anyone He is.

When I pray I feel both doubt and faith.  Doubt stemming from the harmless logical, temperate, deductive part of me. Faith from the seemingly ignorant, child-like, part of me.
And when they collide, I more often than not believe very little.
I limit God by my realism. Not to say our disciplined, realist mindset is wrong but unless surrendered to the great possibilities of God, it becomes a curse.
He is mighty to save. He can make any unwilling heart, willing; or any unholy man long for holiness.  He does not need any human effort to establish his will, except faith.

How interesting. And how very frightening.
God can only move as fast as my faith allows Him. 

When I pray I'm asking, pleading and trying on words of faith. Then I'm wearing thoughts of fear, failure, facts, sorrows, disappointments, facts, and then I am speaking about fears, failures, facts, sorrows, disappointments, trials, facts.  I feel the need to explain how things really are and in so doing I am frustrating Gods will.

What if I spoke only good?  What if I spoke my expectations; opposite of all that is horrid and clanging upon me?
Because my prayers are answered.

Gods will is perfect and in heaven it is perfectly fulfilled.  Gods will for my marriage is perfect in heaven, Gods will for my future is perfect in heaven, Gods will for my finances, my family is perfect in heaven.
Could it be my faith ushers His perfect will into the realm of earth?

How I feel and what I see are not so important as how I think and speak. For by my thoughts and words, how I feel will change and what I now see, shall change. I speak faith so that I don't hinder God's will for my life. My faith alters the future.

Crushing to think that Gods will cannot be fulfilled because of unbelief.
Oh! A prophet without honor....

By using Gods words faith will grow; with my mind thinking on Him and his blood. All I need is a drop and all will be well.
That my faith matters to God is staggering; he depends on it.
So I pray and I see unholy men, holy, rebellious men, bowing their knees. Poverty broken. Sickness, healed. Curses, broken. Hope, again!

"...the desert becomes a fertile field, and the fertile field seems like a forest. Justice will dwell in the desert and righteousness live in the fertile field.  The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever. My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest. Though hail flattens the forest and the city is leveled completely, how blessed you will be, sowing your seed by every stream and letting your oxen and donkeys range free." Isaiah 32:15-20

Comments

Popular Posts